Petitcollin was founded in 1860. At this time it was manufacturing combs. It was in 1898 that Petitcollin began to use celluloid for its various products. It is widely thought that Petitcollin started its manufacture of toys in 1901 and that of its dolls in 1907. It was in 1901 that Petitcollin used for the first time its trademark of the eagle's head. Petitcollin has had several factories. In 1931, the company became known as the COMPAGNIE DU CELLULOID PETITCOLLIN OYONNITHE.